Today I am thankful for chickpea cutlets

Sunday, November 21, 2010

***If you were directed here through Vegan MoFo, please click through to my site at www.LaVidaVeggie.com. The new site and feed was available too late for the MoFo team to incorporate. The text during MoFo will be the same, but starting in December, I won't keep this site updated. Thanks, and happy MoFo-ing!***

Chickpea Cutlets

Dear Lord in Heaven, today I am thankful for PPK's chickpea cutlets.

Maybe that sounds corny, but it's true.

First of all, it's my first recipe out of my recently acquired copy of Veganomicon. I made my first batch tonight! I have been living under a rock all this time. These are Ah-mazing. Lucky you, if you don't have the book, you can get the recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen website.

Second, I spent this weekend alone doing homework and some house projects. Hubby was away on business. I started reading the book "Why we love dogs, eat pigs, and wear cows" by Melanie Joy. Wow. Probably not a good time to get into something depressing. I am saddened by the book but also glad that I'm reading it because I'm even more convicted to my dietary choices. Truthfully, I'm really bothered by the fact that I went on so many years eating naively. Not that there's anything I can do about that now, though. I can only move forward and try to let others know in a kind way what is happening.

With Thanksgiving coming up and all the focus being put on the poor turkeys, I am glad that I have a delicious alternative. One that is certainly better than any piece of turkey I've had in the past. I know these already have a lot of rave reviews, but they're true. I'm adding to the cutlet movement - these are going to be a regular for my home!

1 comments:

Aubrey West @ Healthy Easy Recipes said...

This made me hungry again. It really looks yummy. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a it's recipe. I really want to try this at home. Thanks!

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template