My drink has what in it?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

IMG00024

I’m a girl who likes a drink (or 2 or 3) now and then. To my unpleasant surprise, I found out that not all adult beverages are void of animal products. It blows my mind that someone wants to do that to my liquid indulgence. Honey I can deal with. A lot of the other stuff like isinglass from fish bladders – ew. Good thing for Barnivore.com.

If it’s not already old news to you, this is a site that has the low-down on what’s vegan and what’s not in the alcohol realm. They even have iPhone/iPod apps so you can take the info with you while bar hopping. The apps are how I came across it. I have the full collection: vegan wine, vegan beer, vegan liquor. A lush? No. Well…no. Prepared? Yes.

And for the record, Hornitos tequila is vegan :)

2 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

I am a bit slack when it comes to vegan wine. The one I buy I know is vegan but I don't have a clue about the ones I drink in bars or at friends. I am a bad vegan.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Alcohol and medicine are two things that I don't feel the need to be militant about. If I know and alcohol isn't vegan, I won't drink it. I do research before I drink, but if I'm in a bar or can't find information I don't obsess over it.

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template