McTofu breakfast sandwich

Sunday, November 14, 2010

***If you were directed here through Vegan MoFo, please click through to my site at www.LaVidaVeggie.com. The new site and feed was available too late for the MoFo team to incorporate. The text during MoFo will be the same, but starting in December, I won't keep this site updated. Thanks, and happy MoFo-ing!***

DSC_0006

Back in the day, I was a fan of McD's breakfast sandwich, particularly the ones served on an English muffin. Today, obviously not. But, just for kicks and giggles, I wanted to see if I could come up with something in my own kitchen using my preferred ingredients. The McTofu breakfast sandwich was born.

I used firm tofu cut into slabs and rubbed in the same seasonings I do to make scrambled tofu. Then I melted some cheddar on top. It was piled high (or not so high, actually) on a lightly buttered, toasted English muffin. The only thing that was missing was a sausage patty, which I thought that I had on hand and it turned out I didn't. With the sausage and butter and the cheese it's not a regular breakfast item, but it was kinda fun to make. It tasted pretty good, too! The only thing I would do different is slice the slabs thinner, get the cheese meltier, and make sure I had the sausage patties on hand.

Score: Sarah -1, McD's - 0.

4 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks like a fantastic breakfast sandwich.

Elisabeth said...

You should get the name McTofu copyrighted and then sell it to (along with the recipe) Mc Donald's. Can you imagine if they made this for breakfast?

Lisa Marie said...

McTofu is looking all kinds of McYummy. :D

Healthy Lunch Ideas said...

Looks yummy! Great idea, if McDonald's will see I bet it would be a great suggestion. I would try this at home.

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template