Leeks, you took me by surprise!

Monday, November 15, 2010

***If you were directed here through Vegan MoFo, please click through to my site at www.LaVidaVeggie.com. The new site and feed was available too late for the MoFo team to incorporate. The text during MoFo will be the same, but starting in December, I won't keep this site updated. Thanks, and happy MoFo-ing!***

Creamy Leek and Almond Pasta

I've never ate nor cooked with leeks before, and yesterday was as good as any day to change that. I am recipe testing for "Quick and Easy Vegan One Dish Wonders," an upcoming cookbook for Carla at The Year of the Vegan. The recipe was Creamy Leek and Almond Pasta. See that picture up there? Yum! I think I'll be trying out leeks in a few other things because I really liked their flavor and texture. Not at all like a green onion, which I assumed it would be based on the way leeks look!

If you haven't tried using leeks yet and would like to give it a whirl, Real Simple has a quickie demo video that explains how to clean and prep them.

Creamy Leek and Almond Pasta

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum, I love leeks & I can see how they'd go perfectly with lemoney pasta.

Sarah said...

Hey, Jojo! Yes, I've got a couple ideas for leeks swimming around in my head. My food list keeps getting bigger the long Vegan MoFo goes on! LOL By the way, don't forget to swing over to my new site www.LaVidaVeggie.com because after MoFo, I won't be updating this site any more :)

Aubrey West @ Healthy Easy Recipes said...

Leeks look very healthy and delicious. I hope I could try it one of these days by posting healthy easy recipes of it author.

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template