Food Matters

Thursday, November 18, 2010

***If you were directed here through Vegan MoFo, please click through to my site at www.LaVidaVeggie.com. The new site and feed was available too late for the MoFo team to incorporate. The text during MoFo will be the same, but starting in December, I won't keep this site updated. Thanks, and happy MoFo-ing!***



I don't want to cop out on a daily post during MoFo, so I am cheating a little. It's a compromise that I have to make in order to keep up with a full-time job and part-time school. But it's still related to food, so no worries :)

"Let thy Food be thy Medicine and thy Medicine be thy Food." -- Hippocrates

Yesterday, while I was making dinner, I had documentary playing. I love documentaries - especially ones about food. Food Matters is a 2008 documentary that my sister in law recommended to me. She said it was about eating raw and how that ties into disease as severe as cancer and, well, that was enough to pique my interest. I don't know enough about eating raw to do it intentionally, but after watching this, I'll make a point to incorporate more. Maybe I'll even do a raw food blog round up before MoFo is over!

The official trailer is posted above and the full version is available on Netflix. If you have an interest in food (you do if you are reading this), health and disease prevention, I highly recommend checking this out.

1 comments:

Aubrey West @ Healthy Foods to Eat said...

Having healthy foods to eat gives us many benefits such as energy and nutrients that allows our body to function well. Indeed, choosing right and healthy foods will also defines what kind of person are we.

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template