Turning off "time sucks"

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Laura Denoux, contestant on The Biggest Loser Season 7
Today I saw Laura Denoux, a contestant from The Biggest Loser Season 7, give a presentation about her weight loss and healthy living. She said that contestants were actually training 6-8 hours a day. This isn't breaking news, but it is a good reality check for the times I compare my slow gained results to Biggest Losers' dramatic weight loss.

I have been working on getting into better shape myself, so hearing Laura's spiel was just the reminder I needed. I struggle to get to the gym as often as I would like because I have a full-time job and I am a part time student. Ok, I am making a bit of an excuse there, but it (among other necessary life functions) really does keep me from spending 6-8 hours a day working out.

I do have "time sucks", though...
  1. Facebook! Enough said.
  2. 24...I am sucked into the storyline so bad that it is not uncommon for my husband and I to rack up 2-3 hours a night watching the show on Netflix.
  3. Too much time planning and not enough time doing. I probably spend more effort dwelling on something than it would take to do it.
Sadly, this takes time away from a lot of the things I know I need to get done! Then I end up feeling behind and frazzled. No good!

My resolve? No Facebook, Netflix or procrastinating for the rest of the week! My reward is a completed to-do list, which has been neglected for far too long, a chance to check in on my happy little Facebook world, and snuggle during an episode or two of 24. Plus, I am positive I am going to get a lot more gym time in. Get ready, get set, go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template