A Joyful Kitchen: Fruit and Veggie Smoothie

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I couldn't wait to share this! And of course, I don't have a picture handy, but this is so easy you won't need one.

My husband and I drink breakfast smoothies most days of the week. It's a great way to get fresh fruit in, easy for enjoying on the drive to work, and light on the stomach - yet filling. Here's the catch, we don't load up on junk in our smoothies. With every week, I look for a new way to make it interesting and add more value. That way we don't get bored of this very nutritious part of our day.

This week's new item was carrot juice (Bolthouse Farms brand, specifically). I was just waiting to finish off the pomegranate juice before busting it open. I think I'm in love.

Fruit and Veggie Smoothie for Two

Ingredients:
2 mangoes
2 bananas
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup carrot juice
A little bit of crushed ice

Directions:
Toss everything in the blender and put the pedal to the metal! Add more carrot juice depending on your thick/thin preference. To make it for just one person all you have to do is use half the called for ingredients. Easy.

Spinach AND carrot juice, you ask? You can barely tell it's there. When I drink this, I taste banana with a hint of mango. The smoothie is intensely green (spinach, remember?) but don't let that scare you. Just think of all the goodness this is doing inside of you. Saying that it has loads of vitamin A is an understatement.

Really want to amp this up? You could toss in some peanut butter (yum!) or hemp protein powder.

1 comments:

Aubrey West @ Healthy Easy Recipes said...

I really love smoothies! This one is also good for those who want to lose weight. Study show that smoothies are good for weight loss.

Post a Comment

All-Around Joy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon BloggerTemplate Sponsored by: Premium Templates | Premium Wordpress Themes. Distributed by: Blogger Template